On 9/9/2015 11:45 PM, Antony Gordon wrote:

> Wow,
>
> This is the most activity I've seen on this list in a while, and it's
> a temper tantrum of sorts over whether someone has the right to close
> source or open source something they wrote.

Tantrums? Here? *gasp* Never...
[/sarcasm]

> Talk about comedy. So how are those bugs looking on the bug list in
> FreeDOS?
>
> Yeah, I probably just got myself booted from this list, but honestly I
> think (sans sarcasm) that there are bigger tasks to tackle in FreeDOS
> than haggling and harassing someone over closed source versus open source.

Can you even get banned from here? I'm really not sure if that's
possible. Using what's been allowed here as a guide, you'd likely have
to commit one monumental offense to achieve that. lol

> It's really not that important, but I have a simple solution, it's a
> grand waste of a cd image, but FreeDOS should ship like MS-DOS and
> PC-DOS with just the operating system and let everyone else work out
> the other software on their own.
>
> This will eliminate all this back and forth about open source and
> closed source and can you include my program in because...if it's not
> a DOS command from 1981 until 1994 (DOS 1.0 - DOS 6.22/7.0) it's not
> there and you just have to download and build/install yourself.
>
> -T

I completely agree. Ship minimal, allow for maximum expansion and don't
tie yourself down with bloat. Your users will thank you.