HI,

How many of you remember the DOS 6.22 install process? If possible, it
should aim for that. It's simple and straight to the point. It worked
across all platforms and got DOS up and running with minimal fuss. Once the
setup is done, after a reboot, the FreeDOS package manager can run to add
additional software and system tweaks.

The package manager could be a 16-bit or 32-bit application. (I remember
PKZIP running perfectly fine on my Tandy 1000 EX before I had 640K RAM), so
FDPKG would have to work from a floppy disk/image on lower end systems (or
lower end in emulation)