> On Sep 11, 2015, at 10:51 AM, Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste.fr> wrote:
>
> On 11/09/2015 16:39, Jim Hall wrote:
>> (...) then use FDNPKG or
>> UNZIP afterwards to install the other packages that you want.
>
> To avoid confusion, I will add that using UNZIP is not a one-to-one
> alternative to FDNPKG. I strongly discourage using UNZIP to install
> packages - such packages won't be removable by FDNPKG afterwards, and
> the files might get unziped in wild (ie. totally unexpected) places.
> FDNPKG does more than just unpacking files.

I don’t know if you could do use FDNPGK to do an install of packages, then
us zip to wrap up what is installed.

However, that being said. The BASE is the BASE and should not be removed
by a package manager. It should always be there. :)

For a full install, the extra stuff may need to support removal using a package
mananager.