> What I mean is that if your computer is OLDER than 386
> then it does not make much sense to expect CD/DVD at
> all, so for such computers, a floppy distro is better.

Reading about a floppy distro raises one concern in my mind: reliability and
shelf life of floppies.

In later years, I could write only a small minority of 3.5" floppies; ability
to read outlasted the ability to write.

I also noticed that 5.25" floppies appeared to have much better shelf life than
3.5" floppies.

I wouldn't have been able to install FreeDOS from floppies because of inability
to find sufficient good floppies.

FreeDOS outperformed Linux for handling floppies, and Linux did better than
FreeBSD or NetBSD.

How is the experience of other users with old floppies?

Tom