On 02/12/2015 23:40, Jerome Shidel wrote:
> It did not freeze or lockup.

That's some success already :) This would confirm that the lockups and
crashes were due to tinfl behaving badly on 16bit. That's good.

> There were multiple issues and about 2500 errors (total). Containing -2,-3,-4
> and -9.

Okay, I definitely need to invest some time into a test suite myself.

> After adding DOSLFN, there were chkdsk errors and it locked up at sone point.

Interestingly, Matej Horvat reported some time ago that FDNPKG also
trashed his filesystem when trying to install LFN stuff. I do not use
LFN myself as I consider it a nasty hack, so I never noticed this. The
LFN support across DOS tools is questionable at best, so I think I will
end up removing any LFN bits from both FDNPKG and FDINST to avoid
potential disasters.

Mateusz