> On Dec 7, 2015, at 12:47 AM, Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste.fr> wrote:
>
> Could you confirm please that these tests were performed using the
> latest version of both the all_cd.iso and fdinst?

This was running against previous version of all_cd.iso. Not, latest. As I
said, I have limited bandwidth to download the new one using my cell phone
data. I don't know when I will be able to get some wifi to pull it down.

> The 'out of memory' error you report on fbc.zip makes me think you used
> an old all_cd.iso file. This was an error I spotted, too, and it was due
> to the fact that the sole file list requires more memory than what
> FDINST is able to allocate. The "good" iso is dated "2015-Dec-05
> 06:33:10" on ibiblio - I repackaged fbc by zipping all sources all together.

That could be the problem.

> I am running a very similar test than you, that is: install the entire
> content of all_cd, look for errors, remove all packages, look for
> errors, install all packages again, look for errors. I don't run into
> any troubles any more, though. The difference is that I run my test
> suite under DOSemu, while you run it under VirtualBox. Dunno if
> virtualbox is stable enough for that... (on my PC, vbox is quite
> unstable when running FreeDOS - for example trying to execute djgpp
> immediately kills the VM).

I'm using VMware fusion not vbox. VMware is extremely stable. Issues may be
related to using the older version of the ISO. Hopefully, I will get an
opportunity to download it soon.