I have some modifications I'd like to make to PowerPaint as hosted on
the FreeDOS archives, but I'm unable to compile the source. I'm
attempting to use FreePascal to do the job, but it's failing to compile
some of the units due to assembler syntax errors.

I can't exactly tell what the problem is; the syntax looks fine to me,
but it's throwing 'Unknown identifier "DX"' and similar for vga2.pas

Is there another assembler or compiler I need to be using for this program?

Happy Hacking,

David E. McMackins II
Associate Member, Free Software Foundation (#12889)

www.mcmackins.org www.delwink.com
www.gnu.org www.fsf.org