> On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 1:39 PM tom ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de> wrote:
> >[..]
> >         KITTENC - catgets/kittengets compatible resource compiler
> >
> > KITTENC 'compiles' language resources to strings and attaches
> > these strings to the executable program such that the program can
> > retrieve these strings at execution time. This way it is enough to
> > copy a file to another place WITHOUT taking care that the resources
> > (in the NLS directory) are also copied.
> >[..]
> >
> > download from www.drivesnapshot.de/freedos/kittenc1.zip
> >
> > the project is mostly done; time for feedback.
> >
> > btw: the code for the new KITTEN is down to ~500, but requires
> > sprintf() and printf()

I've mirrored this on the FreeDOS Files Archive at Ibiblio.

FYI to everyone that I've moved the "Kitten" library out of the "Cats"
directory into its own "Kitten" directory, to avoid confusion about
what is the most recent version (the "Cats" directory has subdirs like
"3.x" in it, but these are for the Cats lib). Please update your
links. Kitten is *no longer* at this URL:

https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/devel/libs/cats/

Instead, Kitten is now mirrored here:

https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/devel/libs/kitten/

I've also moved the old version (version "b" and version "c") into an
"old/" subdirectory.

Jim