On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 2:26 AM Volkert <volke...@users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 1:36 AM Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:
>

>> Hi Volkert,
>>
>> which worries does Japheth have regarding accepting I/O trap patches?
>>

> He wrote: *"My experiences - so far - with patches from unknown people
> are "mixed". So I'm rather sceptical."*
> Source:
> https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/Jemm/issues/5#issuecomment-770343181
>
> As for my suggestion to implement this in the form of a JLM (and the
> question whether that would even be
> possible), he hasn't replied to that yet.

@Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> Sorry, I confused two things in my answer
above: this was in response to my request
for GEMMIS support, not for implementing the EMM386 I/O port trapping API.
I never created a GitHub issue
for that. (I did open a separate feature request for QPI support, namely
the I/O port trapping API of QEMM, but
I closed that issue when it became clear that this would not be
implemented.)

But apparently Japeth's is skeptical of third party patches from unknown
people in general. I guess it would
help if someone who he knows well and trusts would be willing to step up to
the plate here.