Hello Bart,

Actually a couple of years ago it was build 1937 for version 1.0.2 ;)

Wow! Well, I hope that it can be 2.0.60 for build 2060 in just a couple of years ;-)

nor removal of phrases like "All Rights Reserved." that are useless now
Pat sent an email to this list -- here's your chance if you really care about this!

The Buenos Aires Convention (1911) that required this was superseded by the Universal Copyright and Berne conventions. More on this at http://www.cni.org/Hforums/cni-copyright/1999-01/0196.html

It's more difficult than a simple "removal". If you'd simply replace all fnode references with SFT's you'll see a substantial increase in code size (because SFT's are "FAR"). Also fnodes are used in situations where SFTs can't do the job (dir operations).

You're right - there are for example cluster fields that must be 32 bit and not 16 bit for FAT32.

However -- replacing the use of the persistent fnodes that are now in the HMA by SFTs is a good idea IMHO. This is just a question of time, it may never happen but it can happen if somebody does it and it works well.

I see. What about including the SFT in the F-node structure and removing all duplicating fields? As all SFTs are pointed to by a linked list, I think that this is possible. What do you think?

An altogether different subject, and you know very well why. You've made plenty of patches yourself and most of them went in.

For which I thank you, and I hope that in time, more Arkady's patches will be accepted too.

No idea. A bit silent here indeed.

Arkady, please respond if you read this. How are you?

Regards,
Lucho

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by OSTG. Have you noticed the changes on Linux.com, ITManagersJournal and NewsForge in the past few weeks? Now, one more big change to announce. We are now OSTG- Open Source Technology Group. Come see the changes on the new OSTG site. www.ostg.com _______________________________________________ Freedos-kernel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-kernel