Hi,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 8:48 PM, Brandon Taylor
<donnie126_2...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> And Eric -- I'm sorry for sounding like a total newbie, but how am I
> supposed to create a bootable USB drive with a "full" version of
> FreeDOS? I'm looking at the files from SourceForge and I can't make head
> or tail of the installation instructions.

IIRC, there is an option in RUFUS to use the fd11src.iso file for
installation. Otherwise it just uses what is bundled with RUFUS
itself, which is extremely minimal bare bones.

You can find the .iso on iBiblio mirror, or you can just grab
individual .ZIP packages from iBiblio as well, so you don't need to
have it all (e.g. full "BASE").

7-Zip's (cmdline) 7z [sic] will unpack an .iso , if you need that.
(The GUI can also do it, I think that's called 7zFm.exe , if you find
that more convenient.)

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/