Hi guys,

> “FreeDOS is a complete operating system. If you choose to install
> this on your computer, you may overwrite the operating system you
> have now (for example, Windows.) If this is not what you intend,
> please stop now.”

That leads to the IMPORTANT questions:

* Is it easy enough to make a bootable USB stick with FreeDOS with
  plenty of software included which does NOT need to install to
  harddisk but can be used as "live" operating system boot disk?

* In particular, is there some sort of how-to for doing that? The
  installer may want to install DOS to RAMDISK for performance :-)

* Is it easy enough to make the decision whether or NOT you want
  to install to harddisk and whether or not you want to DESTROY
  your existing Windows / Linux install in the install process?

As much as it is "classic and straightforward" for installers to
just replace everything on a computer by DOS, as dangerous and
frightening it is for those who want no dedicated DOS-only PC.

I think this was part of the FreeDOS 1.2 discussion before, but
how about detection whether a harddisk is "totally" empty before
showing the question how to install? I agree that for people who
made a totally empty virtual PC image a minute before installing
FreeDOS, it would be easiest to just let the installer throw one
standard DOS partition on that "disk" without asking the user to
make many decisions on partitioning and formatting. But for the
users who do NOT have a dedicated harddisk for DOS, it is scary.

Cheers, Eric