There are by its very nature limitations to FreeDOS. Even I (one who
imagines a parallel universe where DOS still matters) have been forced to
reexamine why I should "care"  about this system at all and why I continue
to store floppy disks all over our apartment ; ^0

It is (as Eric said "a complete operating system") Perhaps it is a
"hobbyists" operating system to be tinkered with - I don't know. For some
(depending on the machine on which it is installed) it is buggy,
frustrating and not worth the effort.

For myself, for whatever reason I use FreeDOS in some form or fashion every
day. Long Live FreeDOS!!!!