I pasted the wrong command.  The freedos.img does exist and I use it in the
command.  The FLOPPY.img also exist and I downloaded it from the freedos.org
site.

My raspberry is a 3+ With a PNY Elite CLass 10 64gb sd  card.

I think the thread you may be referencing may be the one where the user
receives a lot of ‘opcode’ errors and he added ‘raw’ at the end of the
command after boot by pressing tab to fix.

I have tried it with the same results.