Hi! Some ideas regarding the possibility to use native
Mac tools for your RX580 graphics card BIOS update task:

http://blog.greggant.com/posts/2018/05/07/definitive-mac-pro-upgrade-guide.html#efi-flashable

https://www.reddit.com/r/macpro/comments/al3kk2/flash_rx_580_to_show_boot_screen/

Apparently ATI / AMD is not very helpful, but
maybe you get some ideas from those forums :-)

> There is no boot screen with the rx580, which is why
> I need to flash the firmware on it.

Why do you need a boot screen? That sounds like
some very low priority moment to have graphics?

> I got freedos to boot from the disk, and  got ATIFlash
> running, but it’s only seeing the original card.

Does that mean you booted FreeDOS on the raw
hardware of the Mac? How have you managed to
do that? And what does original card mean, do
you have TWO graphics cards? Why not remove
the non-ATI while you do that BIOS update??

And actually why is having a boot screen on
the non-ATI card not sufficient for you? ;-)

In case you prefer another language then English
and this is why your mails often feature extremely
short descriptions of the situation: Please write
in your native language, by exception. There are
people speaking various languages on this list so
you may be understood better than in English :-)

Thank you! Regards, Eric