Dennis - Thank you for all the info! I installed Linux Mint via USB on that
machine, I just want to be sure FD will "see" the ports, so to speak, but
the FD page sez it's so, so it must be! I found the code for EP on
Archive.org, mimeo of typewritten doc (!) it's abt 4 pages long and I have
every intention of punching in every character manually LoL It's one of my
Holy Grails, just to use that program :)