Hello Hollowone PL, hello Eric Auer,

DOS/16M error: [26] 8042 timeout
The 8042 is the keyboard controller. You are using the rEFInd boot
manager on iMac, without Bootcamp. I assume that means you had to
load some CSM, either provided by Apple or by rEFInd, to have BIOS
services for FreeDOS? Apparently it does not simulate a keyboard
controller, while DOS/16M, the DOS extender of your app, is trying
to access the keyboard without relying on BIOS services for that?

It might be that DOS/4GW was trying to use the keyboard controller ports
to read or toggle the A20 enable status
(https://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/A20.html), or some such.  Open
Watcom's wmake.exe does use DOS/4GW.

(And, in its internal messages, DOS/4GW sometimes confusingly refers to
itself as "DOS/16M"...)

In any case, I suppose yes, perhaps loading another DOS extender (such
as DOS/32A), or pre-loading CWSDPMI, would work around the problem.

Thank you!

--
https://github.com/tkchia