I am not sure if you guys all missed a previous post where I said I found a reference that there are issues with some SMM BIOS implementations, providing legacy USB support (for keyboard and mice) and software that is trying to switch in "long mode" (which also might be used by some memory managers). Which could simply mean that this no-so-PC BIOS in that Mac just isn't up to snuff for these kind of things...

Ralf