Hi,

First of all thanks for all your work on FreeDOS.

Allow me to give you my opinion regarding aesthetics since I develop
websites myself:

   - Text spans from edge to edge of the screen - It is quite tiring to
   read especially on a wide screen. Consider limiting the content to a
   maximum width of 1100px centered.
   - I would put What's New as the first section - Myself I would be
   interested in knowing about any updates as soon as I visit the site
   - The top menu items are too crammed - consider adding some spacing
   between them
   - Welcome to FreeDOS section - Consider centering the youtube videos and
   the *More Videos *button

Other than that I like the colours etc. Here are my replies to
your questions:

>> 1. What is your immediate impression? Does it look easier to find
information? Is it more welcoming?
Yes it is more welcoming but honestly I like the icons at the footer in the
current site.

>>2. Imagine you wanted to download the latest version of FreeDOS. Can you
figure out what version you need? Can you download the right version?
In the download section, I would mention the live cd download option. For
me when I realised there is the FD13LiveCD, that is what I downloaded since
I like to test on real hardware before installing.

>>3. Imagine you're a developer and you want to contribute to FreeDOS in
some way. Where would you go first? What information are you looking for?
I would go to the Source option at the top but it would be nice to have a
contribute link/button.

>>4. Imagine you're a new user who wants to try FreeDOS, but you don't have
a lot of experience with DOS. You might need help with the commands and
getting around. Can you get the help you need to do that?
I would go to the Wiki so there should be a section in the wiki about the
commands etc... a sort of user manual

>>5. Imagine you want to download some games to play on FreeDOS. Where
would you go to find games and download them?
I would click the Learn More under the game screenshot. That is quite
straightforward in my opinion

>>6. Imagine you are new to FreeDOS, and you want to know what things you
can do with it. Can you figure this out from the front page? Where else
would you go? What links would you click on to learn more?
Yes I would know immediately from the welcome section and from my
experience, if you are looking for FreeDOS, chances are that you are
already familiar with DOS.

>>7. Imagine you're a developer and you'd like to try out FreeDOS. You're
not sure if you should get too invested in something if it's not being
updated very frequently. Can you tell if FreeDOS is being updated? By
looking at the website, can you figure out if FreeDOS is active, or maybe
has been "dead" or "idle" for a few years?
The dates in the *what's new* section say it all. Once I see that a package
is being actively developed, it means that the project is active. That is
why I suggested that this section goes at the top and when a new FreeDOS
version is out, it is included in that section maybe with a brighter colour.

Hope I answered all your questions as expected.

Thanks and regards,
Robert