On 4/18/2021 9:27 AM, Eric Auer wrote:
Hi!

I never managed to install Freedos on a harddisk via the “live CD 1.3” or 1.2
version (image).
There are two problems: 1. where the installer expects the packages
in terms of drive letters and 2. whether you can partition the disk
to create a primary LBA FAT partition, format it and make it bootable.

I am pretty sure that he ran into the very same issue that I mentioned on our last online meeting, which seems to me more like a logical error (on real iron rather than a VM). I just didn't get the time to come up with either a fix or an alternative installed (at least up to the point where FDIMPLES somes into play)...

Ralf