On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 5:52 PM, Alexander Bokovoy <aboko...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2018, Petr Vobornik wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 5:23 PM, Jakub Hrozek via FreeIPA-devel
>> <freeipa-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

>> Why? Having some legacy packages doesn't mean that IPA needs to
>> support it forever. I Don't see any reasons for cases where FreeIPA is
>> not present and nobody is doing or planning any effort to port it
>> there. And if something was planned then it makes sense to port SSSD
>> first.
>
> Sure. It does not mean we have to break what exist already too just for
> the sake of breaking.

>> We don't have ipa-client packages on these platforms at all. On the
>> other hand, some version of SSSD is packaged for both. Question is
>> whether itehy work though.
>
> We do have freeipa-client in ArchLinux. Their support is not upstreamed
> but I don't see why it couldn't. It is a fairly small piece on top of
> existing ipaplatform/redhat, so it could and should be upstream.

I remember that Jan Cholasta tried to package it and probably
succeeded only with client. But now I don't see it:
  https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q=freeipa&maintainer=&flagged=

On the other hand there is an official wiki with manual config which
suggests to use SSSD:
   https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/FreeIPA

--
Petr Vobornik

Associate Manager, Engineering, Identity Management
Red Hat