On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 10:22:12AM -0500, Tabor J. Wells wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 08:50:53AM -0500,
>Steve Sobol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is thought to have said:
>
>> I *hope* the freeradius mailing list is only open for posting by
>> subscribers. I complained about OpenSSL-Users being wide open
>> once and got told "well, that's the way it has to be" and as a result
>> I unsubscribed. This list is a great resource and I'd hate to have to
>> leave it because non-subscribers are allowed to post, because that
>> would vastly increase the amount of spam I receive.
>
>It's an unfortunate problem, since generally speaking you want the
>support-type lists to be as accessable to people who need help as possible.

Considering the very low level of spam that gets through to this list, I
don't think that the problem needs fixing.  Restricting posting to members
generally causes more problems than it's worth, particularly if the list is
protected using other means.

Bill

``During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
a revolutionary act.''  --George Orwell

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html