At 02:31 PM 12/18/2002 -0300, Fernando Teodoro wrote:
I'm migrating from ic-radius to freeradius. It seems that they read the same
MySQL table structure.
It uses a similar table structure to ic-radius, though it is expanded with
FreeRADIUS.  Main difference is the 'op' column which FreeRADIUS requires.

I've made some preliminary adjusts in radiusd.conf,
but still can't have freeradius starting with mysql. I keep getting error:

sql modules aren't allowed in authenticate sections -- they have no such
method
Authenticate is where you verify the password.  SQL is where you store
the password.  You are using PAP or CHAP to compare the password, not
SQL.  Hence the error message.  Put SQL in the 'authorize' section, and
don't put it in the 'authenticate' section.

Where did I miss? Also, is there a howto/help/step-by-step guide,
radiusd.conf example, anything I can read about it?
As far as I gone, freeradius.org has no tips....
The sample configs are self-documenting, there are also quite a few
docs in the /docs directory of the distribution.

There is an O'Reilly book featuring FreeRADIUS.

There are some online docs ( admittedly a bit out of date ) that I've
been putting together ( note they may be wrong in some cases as the
server has changed since they were first written ):

http://www.segv.org/freeradius/

-Chris
--
\\\|||/// \ StarNet Inc. \ Chris Parker
\ ~ ~ / \ WX *is* Wireless! \ Director, Engineering
\ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net