On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 16:31, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Josh Howlett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The scripts/exec-program-wait example suggests that you can add
> > arbitrary AVs to RADIUS packets by writing to stdout from witin the
> > exec-program script.
> >
> > Is this a correct interpretation?  Should it work with acct_users,
> > because I can't get it to!?
>
>   Accounting response packets can only contain certain attributes.
> See the function rfc_clean() in src/main/radiusd.c

Ah.  So what would be the appropriate mechanism for this? (ie. adding
attributes to RADIUS packets).  Write to stdout from within an
Exec-Program script called from the "users" file?

My RADIUS server is only acting as a proxy, so I assume an Exec-Program
script would never be called from within the users file?

thanks, josh.

Josh Howlett, Networking & Digital Communications,
Information Systems & Computing, University of Bristol, U.K.
'phone: 0117 928 7850 email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]