Alan DeKok wrote:

Huh? You don't need experimental modules, and you don't need SQL.

Use the 'counter' module, not 'sqlcounter'.

Alan DeKok.

Ok. I've put this in the radiusd.conf file. As far as I can tell this setup a counter rotating on a monthly basis using the unique key of username

counter countermonthly {
filename = ${raddbdir}/db.monthly
key = User-Name
count-attribute = Acct-Session-Time
reset = monthly
counter-name = RAD-Monthly-Session-Time
check-name = RAD-Max-Monthly-Session-Time
allowed-servicetype = Framed-User
cache-size = 5000
}

I created the db.monthly file and in the users file I have

grunky User-Password == "randompassword"
User-Service = Framed-User,
Framed-Protocol = PPP,
Framed-Routing = None,
Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1,
Ascend-Idle-Limit = 1800,
Ascend-Maximum-Time = 43200,
Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
Acct-Session-Time = 60,
Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 1

I tried to add the values

RAD-Monthly-Session-Time = 60,
RAD-Max-Monthly-Session-Time = 60,

But upon restart radius said that these where invalid counters. I was thinking that these would limit my connection time to just 60 seconds a month. However this proved unsucessful.

Also, in radiusd.conf under accounting I thought I'd put 'countermonthly'. Upon restart radiusd died saying it couldn't find the rlm_counter module.

--
Rock River Internet Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor [EMAIL PROTECTED]