31-Jan-03 at 16:04, Roger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> I have done this.  If I resolve to rummage through the docs at least
> give me the luxury of having good clear docs to rumage around in.  Thats
> the crux of my beef here.

If I were to write an AI Alan DeKok engine, it might say if you could do
better, write some docs yourself.

He has a point though. There are few people on this list who can offer
comprehensive help, and if you have an interesting problem or bug, Alan
systematically responds. That's pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

Technical writing is hard, especially with the wide range of uses people
all want to put Radius to. Sometimes, they'd be better using LDAP for
authentication directly with PAM. Sometimes, they would be better at
least following one dictum of the docs which is clear enough - setup
with the defaults, tweak one thing at a time, and progressively get
cleverer.

Now if I had time I'd write all sorts of docs, but right now I don't.
One problem I have had is negative reactions to some doc suggestions
I've made on some lists... let's not discourage each other, but let's
also be as pragmatic as possible.

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.