Alan DeKok wrote:

Um... why? Who knows more about the server, me, or you?

Yes you being the developer, you would know more about freeradius, lets not be too arrogant..

Ok - in the compat dictionary the value was set to 2000. I'm not seeing the value of setting this integer value to this high number of 2000. Without an explanation it seems kinda arbitrary.
 If you're not going to follow my advice, I don't see why you're
asking me questions.

See above. I'm not sure as to the signifigance of 2000 vs 10000 or 90. However for the sake of testing the compat dictionary has this on the end...

ATTRIBUTE RAD-Monthly-Session-Time 2000 integer

Did you run the server in debugging mode, as suggested in the FAQ
and the README?

Yes - I do not see the coutermonthly being mentioned in either the verbose debuging output nor with radtest.

 Did you verify that the 'countermonthly' was active during the
authentication of the request?  (i.e. READING the output of debugging
mode?)

See above.

 From your descriptions, I have a pretty good idea of what's going
wrong.  But I don't see the point in telling you.

<rant mode>
See right there. Thats what gets me about open-source projects. Developers play god, are accountable to no one, have outdated faq's they refer to as mentioned at

then when people ask for help above and beyond the scope of the outdated faq's, they get pushed around. People volunteering time for a open source projects ARE cool. However it just gets me at how non-user-friendly they can become when it comes to documentation/help.

Yes - perhaps if I was a tad bit swifter or a developer I would be asking these mudane questions, but I'm not. The only thing I have to go on un/under maintained faq.

--
Rock River Internet Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor [EMAIL PROTECTED]