Okay thanks, from that I've established that the rlm_counter module is not
in the library area at all.

Not knowing much about non-rpm packages, how do I get the required module in
there?
When I compiled radius originally I just blindly followed the Radius book
and did:

tar -zxvf freeradius.tar.gz
configure
make
make install

on testing it all worked fine, including mySQL support, it's just the
counters that seem to be missing.

regards,
Keith

-