OK So what I get from this thread is :

1) Not all OS' use the same dynamic linking.
2) OS X is not Linux.
3) Most FR development is done on Linux
4) Mike says he knows how to build OS X apps with Dynamic Linking

I don't use OS X, but I do need to use FreeBSD and once in a while there seem
to be glitches with the libtool code. The problems get fixed and I am greatfull.

I have NO experience writing dynamicaly loaded modules, but I am glad
someone does so that I don't have to. :-)

It would be nice if there was less sniping about development issues in the users
forum. I don't want the sniping to move to the developers forum, because I help
where I can with the development. Could you guys calm down and either ignore
each other or help each other. OS X dynamic linking does not get better by
sniping, it can only get better by somebody fixing the problem(s).

Best of luck to all concearned, and have a happy new year.