From: "Artur Hecker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 10:39 AM
Subject: Re: Alfa&Ariss Client question

hi tom

thanks for the clarification. me for my part i also tested it here and i confirm that it also works for me (alfa&ariss, cisco 350, win XP; cisco aps 1100/1200; freeradius ttls).

tom, do you have any idea about legal issues with the alfa&ariss client?
is it free, can i use it in an university? do i need a license? or
supposing that i have a business, can i install it my client's network?

thanks, artur

Tom Rixom wrote:

Hi,

If you are having trouble with the cisco card under W2K try using the

fake key trick.

Just fill in a random WEP key (this also allows you to choose the WEP

key size)

and this will allow the authentication to proceed. After authentication

the

WEP key is overridden with the correct "dynamic" key and everything

works.

I have tested Cisco 350 cards on Windows XP Windows 2000 and Windows CE
and they all worked (Using Cisco 350 1100 and 1200)

Regards,

Tom Rixom
SecureW2
Alfa & Ariss