I see where everyone can have it work with Windows XP, but my problem is
with Windows 2000.  I havn't been able to find a method for enabling WEP on
a Cisco 350 without using the Cisco ACU instead of the Windows 801.X
method.  On the driver config the only things that are available are;
Client Name, Data Rates, Infrastructure Mode, Power Saving Mode and SSID.
On the Linksys card I trying there are options on the driver to enable WEP
(128/40) and enter WEP keys, channel and bunch of others that for the Cisco
just seem to exist in the ACU software.  We have a hard time limiting what
we have to support here, so I'm probably lucky noone has asked for Windows
98 yet.  The Funk Odysessy client is supposed to be abke to set the WEP
flags according the the Windows guy who has been looking at it, we may have
to go that way since he things it can be tweaked to achive the other holy
grail here of single login, which since most of the faculty/staff have to
run Novell client32 on their computers has been a major pain in about
everything we try to set up.

If we can find something that works on the Windows boxes, then we get to
start Macs.  The unix/freebsd/linux users don't expect any support from
central computing, so I can just work with them informally, which is much
easier, I'm a unix/freebsd guy so I'm trying to stay on the server end and
not get sucked into the windows support, but I have to find something I can
verify working I can use to test out the server.

--
Hans K. Fiedler                         Information Technology
Network Analyst                         Communications Services