Hi to all,
first thanks for this great software.
I've been using freeradius (linux server) with EAP-TLS with Windows Xp clients for a while.
I'm using a CISCO 3550 switch with 802.1x supports as authenticator.
Now I'm trying to assign a restricted access vlan to hosts attached to switch ports.
I've been successful (!) with EAP-TTLS with Alfa-Ariss client but not with EAP-TLS.

The client is authenticating with machine certificate (Local computer store if you mind)
with a registry key to authenticate before logon.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\EAPOL\Parameters\General\Global\AuthMode"
Tipo: REG_DWORD
Value: 2"

The important part of "users" file

****** start ****

"host/mrwolf.lett.unitn.it", Service-Type == Framed-User ### Check item machine name as user with EAP-TLS
Tunnel-Type += 13, ## Reply items
Tunnel-Medium-Type += 6,
Tunnel-Private-Group-Id += 10

mario Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "hello" ##User part for Eap-TTLS
Tunnel-Type += 13, ## Reply items
Tunnel-Medium-Type += 6,
Tunnel-Private-Group-Id += 10
****** stoip ****

Interface configuration on CISCO 3550

interface fastethernet0/19
switchport mode access
dot1x port-control auto
dot1x guest-vlan 2
spanning-tree portfast

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance,
Giosuč Pacifico

Giosuč Pacifico
Presidio I.T.M. Facoltą di Lettere
Universita' degli Studi di Trento - Italy