> Would someone be so kind as to send me exact directions on how to
configure and use freeradius version 0.9.3? I'm using Linux Red Hat 9. I
have already downloaded and installed freeradius correctly per the
installation directions. I'm very new at Linux and freeradius, therefore i
have NO idea where to start or what to do. I searched all over the
freeradius website and i did not see any instructions regarding how to
configure or use it. Any and all help would be very much appreciated.  Thank
you in advance.

google helps a lot. freeradius is powerful and flexible.there are lot of
help you can get from the mailing list.

http://www.freeradius.org/faq/

SOME INSTALLATION STEPS:
bash$ tar zxvf freeradius-[version].tar.gz
        bash$ ./configure
        bash$ make
        bash$ su - root
        bash# make install

Don't forget to read supplied documentation first, including the
configuration files.  As with many free software projects, FreeRADIUS
could use more documentation.  Until such documentation is available,
the only place that configuration items are documented is in the
configuration files themselves.

If you have problems when trying to run FreeRADIUS, and you see error
messages like:

         rlm_sql: Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: file not found

Then the shared libraries on your system are misconfigured.  See
question and answer 4.14, below.

Also, in the future you might be able to get pre-compiled versions of
FreeRADIUS for different platforms, links are available at the
official WWW site.

good luck,
//milver

-