"Clayton Dukes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there some way that I can just have a wireless user authenticate directly
> to the radius/ldap server using ldap authentication?

  No.  Absolutely not.  The wireless authentication protocols do not
send a clear-text password.  Ever.  Authenticating to an LDAP database
can only be done with a clear-text password.

> I really don't care about certificates.

  They are required for security.

> My ideal situation would be for a wireless user to be prompted for
> their ldap username/pass and it authenticates based on that.

  Then they will not be authenticating to the LDAP database.  The
database will be supplying a password, and the EAP module will be
using that password to authenticate the EAP conversation.

  Please get your terminology straight.  If you're using the wrong
words to describe what you want, your solution will *never* be
correct, and you will *never* understand why.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html