Hi Jacob,

Short answer - YES....

Longer answer - Yes - you can setup the Freeradius system to use just the
"users"
file to handle the user login validation.  Of course if you are validating
more than
say 100 - 200 users it can get to be a little bit "fun" to keep  the file up
to date
with current users.

You can write a script (pick scripting language of choice) to add, delete or
modify
user login info in the "users" file ....

I would suggest, however, to look into a database backend (posgress or
mysql - depends
on what you need to do - posgress has triggers and procedures whereas mysql
is just now
getting triggers).  A database backend will allow you much more flexability
in how you
can maintain the user base, allow account usage tracking and other
capabilities where
using a flat-file system will require you to parse through log files to
glean the same info.

I guess it all depends on what your application is [grin]...

As for a "graphical user interface" for freeradius - nothing serious out
there yet [wink].

gm...