> What software exists on the client side to do this?  If the answer
> is "none", there isn't much point in doing it.

The answer is none, but I'm planning on writing it...

> EAP started off as part of PPP.  It's used elsewhere now.

That I understood.

> To do this, you could use EAP-GTC, but few clients implement it
> as-is.  It's usually part of EAP-TTLS or PEAP.

The only radius software I'm going to use is freeRADIUS and the one I'll
write, so if FreeRADIUS does it, that's good enough for me :-)

>   If you're doing wireless, use EAP.  If not, don't.

Well, I'm doing wireless, but I'd like not to use a login/password
scheme.

>   FreeRADIUS can do challenge-response fairly easily, but you will
> have to write code to decide what to use for a challenge, and how to
> verify the response.

Is this feasable as a module, or do I have to actually modify FreeRADIUS
code to do it ?

Thank you for your answers,

--
Alain Perry