Hi Alan.

Alain Perry pravi:

 FreeRADIUS can do challenge-response fairly easily, but you will
have to write code to decide what to use for a challenge, and how to
verify the response.

Is this feasable as a module, or do I have to actually modify FreeRADIUS
code to do it ?

A lot of freeRadius functionality is in modules, you'll have to look into ./src/modules/rlm_eap/types and create something like rlm_eap_gpg.

This would be a directory for EAP_GPG submodule. Also, for development
the freeradius-devel m.l. is available. But don't ask questions until
you've studied at least one rlm_eap_* (I think md5 is the closest thing
to what you want) and know some basic concepts.

AFAIK Freeradius is very easy to code for. Code is well structured and
clear. You'll have more "fun ;-]" with an EAP client. Your best (fastest)
bet is to get it working with Xsupplicant.

--
Good luck,
Rok Papez.