Anson Rinesmith wrote:

Run radius in debug mode (radiusd -X) and see if you can figure out what is
happening.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:freeradius-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Maqbool Hashim
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 11:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: problems with radius accounting when using mysql

Hi,

I have radius set up to get authentication information from a mysql
database.  I want it to log accounting information to the radacct table
in my
mysql database.  I have set up the accounting section in my radiusd.conf
file as follows:

accounting {
                     acct_unique
                     detail
                     unix
                     sql
                     radutmp
                  }

However radius is still logging accounting information to the files and
I can't see anything in the radacct table in my database.  (I have
rebooted the radius server).

Am I missing a crucial setting here?

Regards,

Maqbool

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Thanks, I had another look at the debug messages from the radiusd server, I can't see anything that illuminating in there. I see the sql module being loaded:

Module: Loaded SQL
.
.
.
.
sql: accounting_update_query = "UPDATE radacct SET FramedIPAddress = '%{Framed-IP-Address}' WHERE AcctSessionId =
'%{Acct-Session-Id}' AND UserName = '%{SQL-User-Name}' AND NASIPAddress= '%{NAS-IP-Address}' AND AcctStopTime = 0"
sql: accounting_update_query_alt = ""

Thats the sql query that should get executed when the accounting section is processed. However when there is an authentication request from a NAS, I only see sql queries and connections to the mysql server during the authorize section:

modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 1
radius_xlat: 'ben'
rlm_sql (sql): sql_set_user escaped user --> 'ben'
radius_xlat: 'SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE Username = 'ben' ORDER BY id'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
rlm_sql_mysql: query: SELECT id,UserName,Attribute,Value,op FROM radcheck WHERE Username = 'ben' ORDER BY id
:
:
:

But I don't see anything like modcall[accounting] and an sql query. Should I be? And if I'm not what setting have I missed? The accounting section in radiusd.conf looks as I gave above.

Regards,

Maqbool