The only thing that makes sense is to distinguish this by the called number.
This information is not in the log file of the version I have.
My hope was that the newer versions might have the ability to sort the
information or provide more information in the log for me to make that
distinction. I'm obviously getting a NO on both cases. Where would be a good
place for me to look, if I want to change the code to do what I need?

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html