On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:01:13 +0200
jesk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to disable casesensitive password checks?
> The problem is that our old Server doesnt match for casesensitive
> passwords, and some customer passwords arent correct for casesensitive
> matchs.
>

> regards,
>
> christian

Hi again,

i didnt found anything out for case insensitive password mode, in cause
of that i changed all passwords to lower case and activated
'lower_pass=before' in radiusd.conf, but now i got a new problem with
that configuration, the CHAP-Password Authentication doesnt work
anymore.
I dont know whats happening exactly, but could it be, that this function
changes the case of the crypted CHAP-Password?
What could i do to stop this, if this is the case?

thanks for any help!

following my configuration:
---------------------------
prefix = /usr/local
exec_prefix = ${prefix}
sysconfdir = ${prefix}/etc
localstatedir = /var
sbindir = ${exec_prefix}/sbin
logdir = /var/log
raddbdir = ${sysconfdir}/raddb
radacctdir = ${logdir}/radacct
confdir = ${raddbdir}
run_dir = ${localstatedir}/run/radiusd
log_file = ${logdir}/radius.log
libdir = ${exec_prefix}/lib
pidfile = ${run_dir}/radiusd.pid
max_request_time = 120
delete_blocked_requests = no
cleanup_delay = 10
max_requests = 71680
bind_address = *
port = 0
hostname_lookups = no
allow_core_dumps = no
regular_expressions     = no
extended_expressions    = no
log_stripped_names = yes
log_auth = yes
log_auth_badpass = yes
log_auth_goodpass = yes
usercollide = no
lower_user = no
lower_pass = after
nospace_user = no
nospace_pass = no
checkrad = ${sbindir}/checkrad
security {
        max_attributes = 200
        reject_delay = 1
        status_server = no
}
proxy_requests  = yes
$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/proxy.conf
$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/clients.conf
snmp    = no
$INCLUDE  ${confdir}/snmp.conf
thread pool {
        start_servers = 64
        max_servers = 128
        min_spare_servers = 16
        max_spare_servers = 32
        max_requests_per_server = 0
}
modules {
        $INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sqlcounter.conf
        pap {
                encryption_scheme = clear
        }
        chap {
                authtype = CHAP
        }
        mschap {
                authtype = MS-CHAP

        }
        realm realmpercent {
                format = suffix
                delimiter = "%"
        }

        preprocess {
                huntgroups = ${confdir}/huntgroups
                hints = ${confdir}/hints
                with_ascend_hack = no
                ascend_channels_per_line = 23
                with_ntdomain_hack = no
                with_specialix_jetstream_hack = no
                with_cisco_vsa_hack = no
        }
        files {
                usersfile = ${confdir}/users
                compat = no
        }
        detail radrelay {
                detailfile = ${radacctdir}/detail-combined
                detailperm = 0755
                dirperm = 0777
                locking = yes
        }
        detail auth_log {
                 detailfile =
                 ${radacctdir}/auth/%{Client-IP-Address}/%d-day.log
                 detailperm = 0600
        }
        detail reply_log {
                 detailfile =
                 ${radacctdir}/auth-reply/%{Client-IP-Address}/%d-day.log
                 detailperm = 0600
        }
        acct_unique {
                key = "Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address, NAS-Port-Id"
        }
        $INCLUDE  ${confdir}/sql.conf
        attr_filter {
                attrsfile = ${confdir}/attrs