Hi,

I have been reading the RFC 2866 (Radius Accounting) and I think the
supplier of my NAS has interpreted the RFC the wrong way.

According to me, the RFC says that:
- Acct-Input-Octets are the octets that went from NAS to User
- Acct-Output-Octets are the octets that went from User to NAS
And my supplier does it the other way round.

Am I making the wrong interpretation here?

This is what the RFC says:
<QUOTE>
5.3.  Acct-Input-Octets

   Description

      This attribute indicates how many octets have been received from
      the port over the course of this service being provided, and can
      only be present in Accounting-Request records where the Acct-
      Status-Type is set to Stop.

5.4.  Acct-Output-Octets

   Description

      This attribute indicates how many octets have been sent to the
      port in the course of delivering this service, and can only be
      present in Accounting-Request records where the Acct-Status-Type
      is set to Stop.
</QUOTE>

--
Regards,