Hello all,

I've spent quite a long time trying to understand how freeradius works and trying to get everything I want working.
I am using Openldap since 2001 and I've no problems to understand LDAP as I wrote many programs around LDAP. In fact I don't understand how groups are working under radius.

My aim: I would like to distribute different IP pool for users.

The best for me: In the users DN, we already have an attribute for a laboratory, ie u2labo
I would like to say:
1. authenticate the user in ldap (works ok)
2. Get the attribute u2labo
3 use that value to get the ip range (somewhere even outside ldap (users)) to distribute the IP.

I've tried many configurations without success. The debugging of ldap show me just bind successfull without search for groups. I tried to add radiusprofile Objectclass without success. So what is the meaning of groups in radius?.
can we say:
user fred attributes XXX member of group test
group test the rest of attributes.

Could you give me the minimum to set in conf files to get it working?

Thanks

Dom

--
Dominique LALOT Ingénieur Système Réseau CISCAM Pole Réseau
Université de la Méditerranée http://annuaire.univ-mrs.fr/showuser.php?uid=lalot