From: "Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Source code Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:30:21 -0500

"Panagiotis Mavros" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I understand that freeradius is based on RFCs and that changing some
> attributes modifies the protocol. But in my case I want every radius packet
> to have fixed User-Name and Password length (because my thesis
> implementation says so!).

  I could ask why it matters, but I don't think that's relevant.

> All I asked is which files contain the code that determine the
> length of these attributes when I use EAP-MD5 authentication.

  I already told you:

> >   The length of the attributes is determined by their content.  See
> >the RFC's.

  If you use a short User-Name, the User-Name attribute is short, and
you don't have to modify the protocol.

  If you use a long User-Name, then you won't be able to fit it into a
short attribute like you want.

  RADIUS already does what you want.  You don't have to change anything.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

-- Kostas Kalevras Network Operations Center [EMAIL PROTECTED] National Technical University of Athens, Greece Work Phone: +30 210 7721861 'Go back to the shadow' Gandalf