On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 16:14, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Nick Bright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What I would like to do is be able to use MD5 passwords.
>
>   I think they're MD5-crypt'd passwords.  Do they have $1$ at the
> start?  If so, they're not just MD5 hashes.

Uh yes, it is the MD5-crypt'd password (it has $1$ at the start)

> > radcheck:
> >
> > id 3, username user, attribute Password, op ==, value <md5sum>
>
>   Which doesn't match the password in the request.

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear with this. I copied the password of a user
out of /etc/shadow and pasted it into the value for this user. That is
what I need to be able to authenticate against.

>   If the passwords do have $1$ at the start, then change radcheck to
> say:
>
> id 3 username user, attribute Crypt-Password, op :=, value <foo>
>
>   You should set Auth-Type := Local for this to work.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Ok, I removed all refrences in the database to MD5, basically put it
back how it was working with my plain-text passwords. I'm using the same
radgroupcheck line for plain text AND md5 now. (Auth-Type := Local)

Now, after doing that I set the attribute in radcheck for the user to
Crypt-Password and changed the op to := as you suggested.

At this point, the output of radiusd -X has now changed (for the better
I think). It's identifying the user properly in SQL now and getting the
error:

"auth user supplied User-Password does NOT match local User-Password"

I'm not exactly sure where to procede from here. If it helps, the point
of all this is that I need to import /etc/shadow from one computer to
the SQL database on my radius server, and have the users authenticate.

Thanks for your help Alan, I appreciate it.

--
- Nick Bright
  Terraworld, Inc