On 28/04/14 04:08, Clay Thomas wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> I'm running into an issue with FreeRDP closing when I connect to a Server
> 2008 R2 RDS farm that has a Connection Broker and round robin DNS. I am
> using the latest testing FreeRDP package included with OpenThinClient V2.
> Currently, the farm has NLA disabled and I am not passing any login
> information.
>
> When I make the connection, the standard Windows login screen appears. I
> can login and authentication takes place successfully. However, more often
> than not, FreeRDP will close at this point with no errors or warnings. I
> think I have it traced down to instances where the initial connection
> attempt happens on a RDS Host server, but after authentication, the
> connection is redirected by the Connection Broker to another RDS Host
> server.
>
> Instances in which the connection is redirected to the same server that the
> initial connection is made to do not cause FreeRDP to close, and the remote
> connection works as expected.
>
> Is this a known issue, or am I missing a configuration option?

I have had the same (or very similar) issue for several months (likewise if the
redirection is made to the same server, it works as expected).

Except in my case freerdp throws an error about double free corruption almost
immediately. Someone filled an issue about this at the time:

https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/issues/967

only way around I found so far is to connect directly to the final host that
was attributed by the Broker, that way you kinda keep the load balancing.

Alexis