Thanks for the replies guys! Definitely looks like the same issue that I'm
having.

I find it disconcerting that this is an issue that's been open for a year
with no resolution. I could kill load balancing provided by the Connection
Broker and just rely on round robin DNS, but since I have a mixed
environment (Windows 7 PCs, WYSE PC Extender, OpenThinClient w/ freeRDP),
I'd hate to gimp the performance of my servers and network by disabling the
load balancing just to make freeRDP happy until the deeper rooted issues
get resolved.

For the time being, I'm testing rdesktop in place of freeRDP. It doesn't
support NLA and requires two logins when used against a Connection Broker,
but at least it works and I don't have to change any of my network or
server settings at this time.

Sadly, my development skills are weak, so I can't contribute too much to
any fixes that may be necessary. Although, it looks like there's been a ton
of information provided in the thread that Alexis linked.

Again, thanks guys!
-Clay