Hi,

It depends on the type of brokering you are doing. In the case of
cookie-based redirection, you connect to the broker, get a connection
cookie, and reconnect to the broker with that cookie to then be redirected
to the correct machine but through the broker.

IP-based redirection can also be done by always connecting to the broker
first, get a redirection packet, and reconnect to the IP given in that
redirection packet.

In the scenario you describe, you can connect to any machine which is a
farm member for connection brokering. If a session for the same user
already exist in another farm member, the farm member you are connecting to
will send you a redirection packet so you reconnect to the one which
already has a session for that specific user. That's session redirection.

I need to understand which scenario we are talking about that doesn't work.
I also need to understand what mstsc is doing in that case, so we can
compare with what FreeRDP should be doing but isn't doing.