Hey all,

I'm currently in the process of trying to write a small proxy/wrapper
application which exposes the Hyper-V RDP vmconnect access as a generic
RDP protocol access, and I'm trying to either find documentation on
which protocol adaptations are required. Looking through the FreeRDP
sources has been a great help, but before I continue, I'd like to verify
that I've understood the process that the client connect differs from
standard RDP:

1) Client opens the connection and sends the PCB with the VM-ID.
2) Client starts TLS on the channel.
3) Client does connection/security negotiation through the TLS channel,
with predefined protocol NLA, but without (re)setting up TLS after the
negotiation has completed successfully.
4) All following client/server exchanges are as though the connection is
a standard RDP connection through the TLS tunnel.

Differing from the general client/server setup, the TLS connection is
set up before and not after the security negotiation, and as such - from
what I gather looking through the FreeRDP sources - it should be
sufficient to implement a proxy which does the connection setup with the
client (i.e., handles the client's security negotiation), and after that
has completed with the setup of the TLS channel and forced the client to
use NLA, passes all data "as is" through the two TLS channels (which of
course are separately set up, i.e. the proxy "breaks" the encryption).

Am I correct in this understanding? Thanks for any hints (also
concerning protocol specifications for the Hyper-V adaptations, which I
couldn't find) in advance!

--
--- Heiko Wundram.