Hi,

I have started working on a PoC to support Kerberos authentication for
FreeRDP clients.

The modifications to the current NLA code are minimal.

However, I have a couple of questions regarding how the Negotiate SSP and
NLA are currently implemented within FreeRDP.

First, the glue for trying Kerberos first and falling back to NTLM on
failure seems to be absent from the Negotiate SSPI. For now, the NTLM
provider is hardwired within the Negotiate provider. Do you think of a
practical way to implement the fallback mechanism ?

Second, the NLA code seems to make certain assumptions regarding the
workflow of the NLA exchange such as requiring negoToken in the request
when it can be optional, assuming a 3-way handshake (NTLM) when Kerberos is
only two exchanges is another example.

The GSSAPI code was ported from the rdesktop project that has support for
Kerberos client authentication.

The PoC has been tested with MIT Kerberos only and assumes that the client
has already acquired Kerberos credentials (issuing a "kinit
<username>@realm" command).

You can checkout and test the code at [1].

Feedback appreciated.

Cheers,

Thomas Calderon

[1] : https://github.com/tc-anssi/FreeRDP/tree/ssp-kerberos