On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 11:53 AM, R0b0t1 <r03...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 2:45 AM, Armin Novak via FreeRDP-devel
> <freerdp-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> client/X11/xf_client.c implements the callbacks (RdpClientEntry function)
>>

>> Go through the different callbacks in xfreerdp_client_new to get an idea
>> of setting up and cleaning up a session.
>>

>> P.s. Sorry, documentation is sparse, still trying to clean up the API
>> too much (internal) stuff exported :/
>>

> Thanks, I stumbled across that code last night. I had no idea about
> the callbacks though - I will check them. I found I had to call
> freerdp_connect on my own for some reason, but this does seem to work
> properly.
>
> Can you provide any hints for accessing the screen's bitmap data? I
> looked in freerdp/graphics.h but only see prototype structures in the
> bitmap structure. The graphics structure itself does not contain
> anything promising itself, either.

I have found my way around the client code a bit better and am
confused. Does each platform set up a binding to its underlying
implementation? I was expecting freerdp to have a self contained set
of bindings that would render to a bitmap which could be pushed to the
platform.

As in - it looks like I will be required to implement and keep track
of a libgdi backend instead of just subscribing to screen updates. Did
I miss something?

Cheers,
    R0b0t1